Due to Birccraft’s heritage they have a healthy love and respect for the environment and for natural resources and are committed to offering an ecofriendly product that will be part of their rich legacy.
In selection of raw materials, Birchcraft’s plywood meets the lowest formaldehyde requirement, tested with results of 0.00 PPM of formaldehyde. Their hardwoods are purchased from an FSC‐certified supplier, and our cabinet finish is rated as LOW VOC.
Birchcraft has even created a green cabinet checklist that has become the standard or their company:
- CARB1 Compliant: Cabinet Box, Columbia, PUREBOND Plywood
- Plywood Test results Showed 0.00 PPM Formaldehyde
- Hardwoods are purchased from an FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Certified Supplier
- Cabinet Finish is Low VOC rated
- Reclaimed Wood is an option for certain species
- FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Certified Bamboo is standard
- Composite veneers available
Birchcraft has gone above and beyond simply the purchasing of the best materials; they have upgraded our finishing room with state‐of‐the‐art energy conservation equipment. Improving computer controlled systems to optimize our conservation of energy use and changing all of their lighting in the entire manufacturing facility to be 100% high efficiency, low energy.
To extend their commitment, Birchcraft has embarked on an active recycling program for our wood scrap, finish byproducts, and for aluminum and plastic containers.