Tiling is a relatively easy interior renovation project that can make a massive difference in your home. Whether you’re ready for a new look or one more cohesive with your current style, picking just the right tile can be difficult. There is certainly no shortage of different types of tile to choose from, including different patterns, grout colors, and materials, and it can be overwhelming with so many options at your fingertips. At HomeTech Renovations, it’s our job to make your tiling task as easy as possible. When you partner with us, your vision comes to life through our work. Below, our design experts share everything you need to consider before deciding on kitchen and bathroom tiling.
Aspect to Consider Before Choosing Tile
Did you know there is so much more to consider than just the appearance of your tile? Once you’ve figured out the logistics, we promise the rest will fall into place. And, if you’ve been searching Google for “tile installation near me,” you’re in luck because HomeTech Renovations can help!
Below we highlight a few vital aspects to consider before selecting your tile:
- Durability – It’s essential to choose a tile option that can withstand regular wear and tear and last for years. Marble can chip, and stone can stain. Keep this in mind when selecting the tile that works for your space.
- Size – As a general rule, smaller tiles are used for smaller projects, and larger tiles are used for bigger projects. Large floor tiles can make a room appear larger, whereas smaller tiles are great for small surfaces, like a backsplash.
- Function – Where are you installing your tile? Tile is multi-functional and can be placed in bathrooms, kitchens, living rooms, and backyards. You can use them for beautiful backsplashes in a kitchen or unique flooring options in your dining room. It’s vital to keep your tile’s function in mind; if installed in a bathroom, it should be highly durable and waterproof, or if installing tile on your kitchen floor, choose something that can withstand walking pressure, like porcelain or ceramic tiles.
- Material – You can find tiles in several materials like porcelain, stone, ceramic, marble, slate, and vinyl. Remember the function of your tile to help you choose the best material for your space.
- Style – Once you settle on the best material for your project, you can get into the fun stuff, the style! You can choose a solid color or fun patterns and finishes, like matte or glazed.
- Grout – Selecting the right grout color depends on what effect you want. You can make your tiles pop by choosing a contrasting grout color or have everything blend seamlessly with a color close to your tile choice.
Selecting Kitchen Tiling
Bring your kitchen to life with a new tile floor or a gorgeous backsplash! Tile is a natural choice for the kitchen because it is tough, durable, and water and stain resistant. It can be arranged in several patterns, and it’s great for families with children or pets. The most common materials we see are:
Ceramic – Ceramic tile is made from clay and is softer than its porcelain cousin. It’s an excellent option for kitchen backsplash because it’s easy to cut and install. Once glazed, the surface is nearly waterproof, making spills and splashes easy to clean.
Porcelain – Porcelain tiles are made from sands and minerals, making them harder, denser, and more water resistant than ceramic tiles. Because it’s denser and less porous than regular ceramic, it’s a good choice for high-traffic areas, like a kitchen floor.
Stone – Stone tiles are made from natural stone materials, including slate, granite, and marble. Stone tile is porous and will need refinishing every few years. It can also be slippery when wet, so use caution when installing stone tiles on the floor.
Selecting Bathroom Tiling
Like kitchen tiles, you have endless possibilities for your bathroom tiling project. Some of the most popular options we see are:
Porcelain – Porcelain tiles are stain resistant and perfect to incorporate into your spa-like oasis. However, they are slippery when wet, so throw a mat down near the shower and toilet.
Ceramic – Ceramic tile is a wonderful option for the bathroom because it’s durable, easy to clean, and comes in several designs and colors to fit your home’s aesthetic. If you’ve been searching for a ceramic tile contractor near me, don’t hesitate to call our team!
Glass – Glass tiles are sleek and aesthetically pleasing. They are also durable and can be slip resistant if you choose textured glass.
Tile Installation Near Me
Are you ready to begin your home improvement project? The design team at HomeTech Renovations is here to support you throughout the process. From your initial consultation to project completion, we ensure beautiful work at an affordable price. Contact us at 215.646.7477 to schedule a complimentary consultation.