The National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA) is the premiere association for kitchen and bath professionals. Nearly 50 years after its inception, the Association now has a membership of over 40,000 members. NARI is the proud owner of the Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS), the world’s largest trade show dedicated to the kitchen and bath industry. NKBA Education is provided across North America. More than 200 professional development courses are held annually. The NKBA offers a free Kitchen and Bath Consumer Workbook to help educate clients on remodels they are planning to undertake. The Association serves as a content advisor and information source for magazines, newspapers, radio shows and television programs.
The demand to create ecologically responsible and healthy kitchens and baths that don’t sacrifice style or comfort has reached the mainstream and is spreading to all segments of the industry. The NKBA is committed to helping fellow kitchen and bath professionals understand their options for creating more energy-efficient living spaces. As industry professionals, our responsibility is to use products that are environmentally responsible and share with our customers the importance of sustainability in their kitchen and bath projects.
Standards of Conduct have been adopted to promote and maintain the highest standards of business conduct and professional service among the members of the National Kitchen & Bath Association.
Adherence to these Standards of Conduct is required for membership in the association and serves to assure public confidence in the integrity and service of members of the NKBA:
- Conduct all work and business affairs with fairness to all concerned, fidelity to clients and suppliers, and devotion to high ideals of personal honor
- Accept compensation for a particular service or in particular business dealings from one source only, except with the full knowledge and consent of all interested persons
- Make no false or misleading statements to the public, to employers, to employees, or to those with whom we maintain business relationships
- Disclose all interest charges, carrying charges, and fees, and to uphold all laws and regulations pertaining to the business and professional activity
- Assist the client in understanding and obtaining the full measure of the services and rights expressed or implied in contracts, agreements, or warranties
- Conduct all business activity without prejudice as to age, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, handicap, or veteran status;
- Refrain from using unfair means to win professional advancement by disseminating any malicious information concerning any person or firm, or using improper or questionable methods of soliciting professional work or sales
- Cooperate in advancing the kitchen and bath industry by voluntarily exchanging information and experience with fellow members and by contributing to the work of educational groups, schools, and public and trade press, without disclosing confidential matters.